- How to book with us
- Complete a booking request form on our Website to get in touch with us
- Send us your self-certification form and all relevant documentation
- We will review your documentation and check availability of the desired Apartment type
- Your booking will be complete and the apartment held for only once you transfer a booking fee of € 100 to the following bank account upon receipt of your booking confirmation:
- Akademia Residenz-Berlin GmbH
at: Berliner Sparkasse
IBAN: DE27 1005 0000 0399 1555 38
Reference: “Booking Fee”, followed by your full name
- The fee is non-refundable but will be set off against your rental deposit when you move-in.
- We will send you the apartment rental contract
- You make a transfer consisting of: (i) the deposit in the amount of 3 monthly net rental payments; (ii) the 1st month’s rental payment; and (iii) the check-out cleaning fee of 40.00 EUR
- Upon receipt of your payment we will send you the counter-signed rental contract
- The start of the letting period is usually the first day of the month. Exceptions may be possible upon request but depend on availability. A contract starting between the 1st and 15th day of the month will attract a full month’s rental payment; for contracts starting from the 16th of the month onwards, half a month’s rent will become payable.
- Completion of the registration process and payment of the deposit is required at least one month prior to the contract start date
- Cancellation charge: If you cancel your reservation after the contract has been signed but before you move in, the 1st month’s net rental payment will be charged
- Check-in and check-out times are weekdays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Welcome to a-residence, we are looking forward to seeing you!!
- What documentation do I need to provide?
You need to provide us with a copy of your passport or your national identity card, proof of available funds or income (last 3 months) for yourself, your guarantor or sponsor, as applicable and a reference from your previous landlord. Please let us know if you have not previously had a lease in your name. Please also refer to the question on eligibility requirements.
- What eligibility criteria do I need to meet to apply for an apartment?
The apartments of a-residenz are intended for students, trainees, apprentices and anybody else pursuing a degree or professional qualification. For the contract documentation we therefore require a confirmation of enrolment or other formal proof of pursuing a qualification, as applicable.
- When will be the apartments be available for moving in?
Our Apartments have become available since January 2016.
Upon completion of the application and documentation process, move-in dates are agreed individually with applicants. Once you have sent us the completed paperwork we will get back to you withina couple of days.
- Can I take a look at an apartment and / or the building beforehand?
Yes, viewing appointments can be arranged via phone or E-mail.
- When should I apply?
We recommend applying as early as possible. Following availability and subject to meeting the eligibility criteria the apartments will be rented out on a “first-come first- serve” basis.
- Is there a minimum rental period?
Apartments will be offered for a 6- or 12-month lease period and the contract will have to be renewed at expiration.
- Is a deposit required for the apartment?
When the rental contract is entered into a deposit in the amount of 3 months rent will be payable. The deposit will be refunded upon vacating the property in clean and damage-free condition, subject to a reasonable amount withheld to cover subsequent deficits arising from the annual settlement of utility bills and other ancillary charges related to the use of the apartment by the tenant.
- Can I reserve an apartment?
Unfortunately, reservations cannot be made. Rental applications for an apartment type are considered once full documentation is received. However, rooms will not be reserved or kept open for an applicant before the rental application is formally approved.
- Can I sublet my apartment while away on internship or studying out of town?
Subletting your apartmemt is not permitted!
- What additional charges do apply?
Utility costs (heating, hot water, electricity) will be based on individual consumption and charged separately. In-room internet acess (fiber optic high-speed line) is included in the monthly rental. Cleaning services are available on demand for an additional fee. Generally, German law requires a TV and Radio License (“Rundfunkbeitrag”) to be purchased by each household using these services (including streaming via the Internet). Certain exceptions do apply (e.g. for student loan or study aid recipients)
- Can I bring my own furniture? Which items do I need to bring with me?
The apartments are fully furnished. Details for each room can be found in the Apartments section of the website. The furniture has to remain in the apartment and must not be put into storage. Own furniture can be brought into the apartments, for larger items please check with us in advance. Bed linen and crockery are not provided.
- How many people are permitted to reside in an apartment?
The single apartments are intended for occupancy by one person only, the duplex apartments allow for up to two permanent residents. While visitors are of course permitted to stay overnight, the apartments are not suitable for long-term or “permanent” guests
- Are pets allowed in the apartments?
We ask for your understanding that the set-up of the building as a communal residence facility is not suitable for keeping pets in the apartments.
- Is car parking available on the premises?
A number of underground car parking spaces are available in the biilding at a cost of EUR 60 / month.